SOMEONE GIVE ME:
AND SALOON/BARTENDER SHINO
shino is yelling from the bar: “are you even a sheriff?? get out there and stop that gunslinger, stupid!!”
- “What’s wrong, Captain Yamato?”
- “My script… it’s missing!”
1. Remind yourself that everyone makes mistakes, does things wrongs, and has moments of regret. There are no perfect people out there. In that sense, you are just the same as everybody else.
2. Remind yourself that “that was then, and this is now”. You can’t turn back the clocks and change what you did, but you can be a different person in the future.
3. Allow yourself to experience and name the feelings you are struggling with (regret, guilt, shame, disappointment, embarrassment, sadness, etc.) – then make the decision to let those feelings go. In the end, it’s unhealthy to become attached to them.
4. Ask yourself what you can learn from the situation. What would you do differently if you found yourself in that situation again? How can it change the person you are now (so that you feel better about yourself)?
5. Recognise that failings are mistakes are part of the growth process. It’s inevitable that you’ll encounter obstacles, challenges and failures throughout life. Don’t let that stop you from really living life.
6. Remind yourself that “it was what you did, it’s not who you are.” Don’t allow any single event or experience to define you. You are more than – so don’t let that become your identity, or your destiny.
7. Give yourself the gift of a new day and a new start. Forgive yourself, let go of the past, and with confidence move on with your life.
How wealth is passed on through the generations
You may have seen John Oliver use the lottery to demonstrate how income inequality works, but why has it recently become more of a problem? UC Berkeley’s Robert Reich talks about how our recent policies around the estate tax have long term consequences:
We’re on the cusp of the largest inter-generational wealth transfer in history. The “self-made” man or woman, the symbol of American meritocracy, is disappearing. Six of today’s ten wealthiest Americans are heirs to prominent fortunes.
Reich has some ideas for solutions to this issue and you can read about them here.
I fell for you the way a train
the way a wave crashes into the shore.
It looks like fear
and it feels like recklessness.
So maybe we’ll destroy each other,
ruin and break each other
what a way to go.
One of the most durable paradoxes of white supremacy - the idea that those who are closest to an experience of oppression are its least credible witnesses.
Walter Johnson, Soul by soul: life inside the antebellum slave market
This is the type of violence—from microaggressions to epistemic violence to emotional/physical violence to enslavement/genocide—that gets justified by asserting that the oppressor is “objective” and “logical” and thereby “credible.” As if there is objectivity in choosing to oppress. As if the emotions of entitlement, indifference, greed or hatred aren’t involved.
Photo reblogged from with 29 notes
How to turn a damaged or thrift store afghan into a pillow cover:
Great step-by-step tutorial shows how to keep it from raveling!
Perihelion and Aphelion
The closest point to the Sun in a planet’s orbit is called perihelion. The furthest point is called aphelion. Notice how the planet moves fastest at perihelion and slowest at aphelion.
The time during the year that aphelion and perihelion (when we are closet to the sun) changes over a roughly 100,000 year cycle, known as the Milankovitch Cycle. Our orbit around the sun is not a circle, it is an ellipse with an eccentricity of about 0.0167. This orbit both changes shape and rotates around the sun much like a spirogram tracing out a flower-like shape.
It is summer in the northern hemisphere, a time when people often say things like, “We are closer to the sun than we are in winter.” This is not really true. Summer is a product of the angle at which Earth is tilted, right now Earth is tilted so that the northern regions lean toward the sun. In terms of orbit we are actually at the furthest point Earth gets from the sun.
This has interesting implications in terms of the global climate. This means that right now winters tend to be warm (the planet is closer to the sun) and summers cool (the planet further from the sun). In the big picture this places us in the midst of a global cool cycle, the type of situation that tends to lead to ice ages, like the one we are emerging from.
Countdown to Winter Soldier: 70 days to April 4th, 2014#I LOVE THIS SCENE BECAUSE THAT ROOM IS FULL OF MILITARY VIPS #and who is the only one who runs after the shooter? #PEGGY FUCKING CARTER #okay steve runs out too after the obligatory mentor sacrifice #but still
I ACTUALLY LOVE IT BECAUSE IT SHOWS THEIR SYNERGY AND THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WAY THEY THINK/WHY THEY COMPLIMENT EACH OTHER SO PERFECTLY. Peggy’s first instinct is to go for the shooter. Steve’s is to go for the victim. You see it with the redhead later in this sequence too - Steve’s constant is self-sacrifice, Peggy’s practical action. IT’S HARD TO EXPRESS THIS PROPERLY FROM MY PHONE BUT I HAVE A LOT OF FEELINGS ABOUT IT perfect otp is perfect.
YES. i totally get what you mean. and they do compliment each other so perfectly. steve is defense (his weapon of choice isn’t even a weapon, it’s a damn shield) and peggy is offense (a sharpshooter). it’s the perfect combination and it’s why they just work.
and and and AND apart from that their narratives also mirror each other. both facing limitations due to the bodies they were born into, and given a chance to break out and prove themselves by a third party (erskine sees steve’s potential, phillips “takes a chance” on peggy) and i think that also plays a role on how they compliment each other as individuals. and ughhhh i could talk forever about this.
even in their respective sequels they both arrive at the same place by the end. they overcome their obstacles (“we won”/”as has always been the case, i don’t require your help”) and they ride into the sunset with a bittersweet smile.
I AM SORRY THAT JUST TURNED INTO A RANT.
And now you are going to write heroes of your own, yes?
i don’t think you understand the power that paint tool sai 2 has given us
LOOK AT THIS SHIT
it also has the
long-awaitedfont tool, an overall cleaner/better interface, and a stabilizer for every individual brush
so basically, go get sai2’s beta. it’s great
it’s in japanese, but here it is: [x]
Page 1 of 7271